Welcome!

If you're interested in the Presbyterian Church (USA), well, that's the main topic of this blog. I report in here to give you my impressions, share the highlights or lowlights of my day, and lament or celebrate as appropriate. I hope you'll enjoy it, and chime in!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Perfection?"

Okay....

The perfection process goes on. I am shaking my head about my friend from Arkansas wanting to delete the word "Christian" in the report, every time it's used in conjunction with "marriage." It only failed by 90%. The mind reels...

The question came back before the body, once the minority was perfected to the commissioners' satisfaction. And the beat went on....

The minority report was defeated, 358-311. They went immediately to a vote on the main report.

Advisory delegates were split; missionaries and ecumenicals were strongly against; youth and theologicals were in favor strongly. The main report passed by about a 2/3 margin, and the report will be received as amended by the Assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment